On Tuesday, Shares of Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), added 0.93% and closed at $62.09 in the last trading session. MRK stock opened its last trade at $61.90 and after floating in a range of $61.83 to $62.62. The company’s Market capitalization is $169.98 Billion with the total Outstanding Shares of 2.77 billion. During the 52-week trading session the minimum price at which share price traded, registered at $47.97 and reached to max level of $64.86. The Earnings per Share of the company stands at $1.83. Merck (MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, declared recently that Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) facilities in Rahway, N.J., and West Point, Pa., have been designated as “Milestones in Microbiology” sites by the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) for their contributions to anti-infectives and vaccines, respectively. This is the first time a biopharmaceutical company has received this recognition. The ASM Milestones in Microbiology program recognizes institutions and scientists that have made noteworthycontributions toward advancing the science of microbiology.
“Merck is honored to be the first biopharmaceutical company to receive this recognition from the American Society for Microbiology as we celebrate our 125th anniversary,” said Dr. Roger M. Perlmutter, president, Merck Research Laboratories. “We are proud of our legacy of antimicrobial research and remain steadfast in our commitment to treating and preventing infectious diseases.
The MRL facilities were designated as ASM Milestones in Microbiology sites in recognition of the company’s research and development efforts counting:
- Advancing a method of deep tank fermentation, in partnershipwith other pharmaceutical companies and government agencies, which paved the way for the mass production of penicillin.
- Working with Selman Waksman (Rutgers University, N.J.) to secure one of the earliest formal collaborations between private industry and academia. This partnershipled to the demonstration that streptomycin was effective for the treatment of tuberculosis.
- Establishing a natural product screening program that facilitated Merck researchers to develop several new antibiotic medicines by culturing and screening organisms sampled from sites all over the world.
- Developing a treatment for river blindness (onchocerciasis) for which Merck scientist William Campbell shared the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
- Developing a portfolio of vaccines for the prevention of several viral and bacterial infections; research led by the pioneering vaccinologist Dr. Maurice Hilleman.
Shares of Rackspace Hosting, Inc. (NYSE:RAX), lost -0.03% and closed at $31.79 in the last trading session. RAX stock opened its last trade at $31.80 and after floating in a range of $31.78 to $31.82. The company’s Market capitalization is $4.01 Billion with the total Outstanding Shares of 125.81 million. During the 52-week trading session the minimum price at which share price traded, registered at $15.05 and reached to max level of $32.14. The Earnings per Share of the company stands at $1.15. Rackspace® (RAX) today announced a new, enhanced version of Compass™, part of the management tooling portfolio available to Fanatical Support® for AWS customers.
Compass has been expanded to include more than 350 automated best practice checks (a 7x increase over the previous version) and new functionality for advanced cost optimization, security and inventory management, and utilization monitoring. These features, combined with the broader portfolio of Fanatical Support for AWS tooling, represent a comprehensive capability set for managing AWS environments.
“Fanatical Support for AWS has always focused on providing the right mix of tooling, automation and deep human expertise to deliver customer outcomes,” said Jeff Cotten, senior vice president and general manager of the AWS practice area at Rackspace. “The bolstered Compass capabilities create new value for our customers by arming Rackspace architects and engineers with new tooling that will focus on optimizing their AWS environments for cost, performance and security.”
The tooling enhancements included within Compass are particularly meaningful with respect to cost management. Compass delivers valuable insights into AWS spending trends over time, opportunities to rightsize underutilized resources, comprehensive Reserved Instance (RI) purchase recommendations, and the ability to aggregate and analyze spend across multiple dimensions and multiple AWS accounts.