On Tuesday, Shares of Walt Disney Co (NYSE:DIS), subtract-0.05 % and closed at $94.38 in the last trading session. The last trading range of the stock ranges between $93.90 and $94.85. The company’s Market capitalization is $154.93 Billion with the total Outstanding Shares of 1.61 billion. The Walt Disney Company, together with its auxiliaries, operates as an entertainment company worldwide. The company operates broadcast and cable television networks, domestic television stations, and radio networks and stations; and is involved in the television production and television distribution operations. Its cable networks include ESPN, Disney Channels, and ABC Family, in addition to UTV/Bindass and Hungama. The company owns eight domestic television stations. It also owns and operates the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida that includes theme parks; hotels; vacation club properties; a retail, dining, and entertainment complex; a sports complex; conference centers; campgrounds; golf courses; water parks; and other recreational facilities. In addition, the company operates Disneyland Resort in California; Disney Resort & Spa in Hawaii; Disney Vacation Club, Disney Cruise Line, and Adventures by Disney; and Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, and Shanghai Disney Resort, in addition to licenses its intellectual property to a third party for the operations of the Tokyo Disney Resort in Japan. Further, it produces and acquires live-action and animated motion pictures, direct-to-video content, musical recordings, and live stage plays; licenses trade names, characters, and visual and literary properties to retailers and publishers; publishes entertainment and educational books, magazines, and comic books; and operates English language learning centers in China. In Addition To, the company is involved in the sale of merchandise through its retail stores, Internet shopping sites, and wholesale business.
Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd (NYSE:TRQ), jumped 6.98% and closed at $3.22 in the last trading session. The last trading range of the stock ranges between $3.01 and $3.23. The company’s Market capitalization is $6.65 Billion with the total Outstanding Shares of 2.01 billion. Turquoise Hill Resources recently declared its financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2016. All figures are in U.S. dollars unless otherwise stated.
- Oyu Tolgoi achieved an excellent safety performance with an All Injury Frequency Rate of 0.12 for open-pit operations and 0.26 for the underground project per 200,000 hours worked for the nine months ended September 30, 2016.
- Good progress continued during Q3’16 on underground development, counting ongoing contractor mobilization and the signing of an additional contract for the sinking of Shafts 2 and 5.
- At the end of Q3’16, Oyu Tolgoi had spent $105.8 million on underground expansion capital and had commitments of more than $750 million.
- On October 21, 2016, Turquoise Hill filed the updated Oyu Tolgoi Technical Report.
- Oyu Tolgoi recorded revenue of $226.3 million in Q3’16, a decrease of 31.4% over Q2’16, mainly reflecting reduced gold sales as a result of lower gold production.
- Turquoise Hill generated operating cash flow before interest and taxes of $24.0 million in Q3’16 reflecting the impact of reduced gold production and sales in concentrates.
- For Q3’16, Turquoise Hill stated a net loss from continuing operations attributable to shareholders of $31.4 million.
- In Q3’16, concentrator throughput declined 4.0% over Q2’16 because of planned maintenance and conveyor belt repairs.
- Copper production in Q3’16 declined 9.9% over Q2’16, as a result of lower recovery from Phase 6 ore.