On Thursday, Shares of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE:YUM), subtract -1.33% and closed at $87.44 in the last trading session. The last trading range of the stock ranges between $86.50 and $87.78. Yum! Brands, Inc. (YUM) recently stated results for the third quarter ended September 3, 2016, counting GAAP EPS of $1.56 and EPS apart from Special Items of $1.09.
System sales growth figures exclude foreign currency translation (“F/X”) and core operating profit growth figures exclude F/X and Special Items. Special Items are not allocated to any segment and therefore only impact worldwide GAAP results. See reconciliation of non-GAAP measurements to GAAP results within this release for further details.
- KFC Division same-store sales raised 4%, with U.S. same-store sales growing 6%; system sales raised 7%.
- Taco Bell Division same-store sales raised 3% and system sales raised 5%, while achieving a 21.7% restaurant margin.
- Worldwide core operating profit grew 11%, with the brand divisions apart from China delivering 11% core operating profit growth in aggregate, ahead of expectations.
- China core operating profit grew 14%.
- Opened 475 new restaurants worldwide; 78% of international development occurred in emerging markets.
- On track to finalize China separation with Yum China Holdings, Inc. expected to begin trading on November 1, 2016 on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “YUMC.”
- Foreign currency translation negatively influenced operating profit by $34 million.
Texas Instruments Incorporated (NASDAQ:TXN), jumped 0.51% and closed at $70.96 in the last trading session. The last trading range of the stock ranges between $70.03 and $71.00. The company’s Market capitalization is $72.22 Billion with the total Outstanding Shares of 1.00 Billion. Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (TXN) will webcast its third-quarter 2016 earnings conference call on Wednesday, October 26, at 4:30 p.m. Central time. Kevin March, senior vice president and chief financial officer, and Dave Pahl, vice president and head of Shareholder Relations, will discuss TI’s financial results and answer questions from the shareholder audience.
Baxter International Inc (NYSE:BAX), gained 0.63% and closed at $48.22 in the last trading session. The last trading range of the stock ranges between $47.66 and $48.22. During the 52-week trading session the minimum price at which share price traded, registered at $32.25 and reached to max level of $49.49. Baxter International Inc. provides a portfolio of renal and hospital products. Its Renal segment provides products and services to treat end-stage renal disease, irreversible kidney failure, and acute kidney therapies. This segment offers a comprehensive portfolio to meet the needs of patients across the treatment continuum, counting technologies and therapies for peritoneal dialysis, in-center hemodialysis (HD), home HD, continuous renal replacement therapy, and additional dialysis services. The Hospital Products segment manufactures intravenous (IV) solutions and administration sets, premixed drugs and drug-reconstitution systems, pre-filled vials and syringes for injectable drugs, IV nutrition products, infusion pumps, inhalation anesthetics, and biosurgery products. This segment also provides products and services related to pharmacy compounding, drug formulation, and packaging technologies. The company sells its products for use in hospitals, kidney dialysis centers, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, doctors offices, and by patients at home under physician supervision. Baxter International Inc. offers its products through direct sales force, independent distributors or sales agents, drug wholesalers, and specialty pharmacy or other alternate site providers in about 100 countries.