On Thursday, Shares of General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), subtract -0.78% and closed at $29.27 in the last trading session. The last trading range of the stock ranges between $29.14 and $29.50. GE (GE), GE Foundation and Boston Public Schools recently launched the GE Brilliant Career Lab, a first-of-its-kind interactive mobile technology lab designed to prepare students for innovative digital industrial jobs of the future. The Brilliant Career Lab focuses on enhancing access to skills training in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) through hands-on experiences and mentoring, in addition to a website that offers access to similar experiences and career information.
“GE is focused on forward-looking, innovative technologies, and through the GE Brilliant Career Lab we will advance students’ understanding and ability to pursue STEM careers,” said Ann R. Klee, president, GE Foundation and vice president, Boston Development and Operations for GE. “At GE, we take investment in future generations very seriously and through innovations like the GE Brilliant Career Lab we plan to assist meet future needs for skilled workers.”
Mast Therapeutics Inc (NYSEMKT:MSTX), dropped -3.80% and closed at $0.0962 in the last trading session. The last trading range of the stock ranges between $0.10 and $0.10. The company’s Market capitalization is $20.40 Billion with the total Outstanding Shares of 211.82 Million. Mast Therapeutics, Inc. (NYSE MKT: MSTX) recently offered an update related to its business strategy and the clinical development of its product candidates.
- The Company’s cash, cash equivalents, and investment securities were $30.3 million at August 31, 2016.
- The Company will focus on clinical development of AIR001 (sodium nitrite solution for intermittent inhalation) for the treatment of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF). Specifically, during 2016 and 2017, the Company will continue to support three ongoing investigator-sponsored Phase 2 clinical studies of AIR001 being conducted at prestigious research institutions.
- The Company has begun to wind down its vepoloxamer programs in sickle cell disease and heart failure and anticipates those activities will be accomplished in the fourth quarter of 2016.
- While furthering the development of AIR001 through the ongoing Phase 2 clinical studies, the Company is planning to initiate a process to evaluate partnership opportunities for its assets.
- As a result of cost savings anticipated by the termination of its vepoloxamer clinical programs and related operations and the prioritization of its AIR001 program, the Company estimates that its operating expenses for 2017 will be in the range of $9 to $10 million, apart from share-based compensation expense. This anticipated level of spend reflects an approximate 70% reduction from estimated operating expenses for 2016 of about $32 to $34 million, apart from share-based compensation expense.
- The Company will make the $10 million prepayment on its debt facility triggered by the recently declared results of its Phase 3 study of vepoloxamer in early October 2016. After that prepayment, the principal amount of the Company’s debt will be about $3.5 million, which is planned to be repaid in equal monthly installments of principal and interest through January 1, 2019.
Platform Specialty Products Corp (NYSE:PAH), lost -1.19% and closed at $7.74 in the last trading session. The last trading range of the stock ranges between $7.36 and $7.63. During the 52-week trading session the minimum price at which share price traded, registered at $5.25 and reached to max level of $14.87. Platform Specialty Products Corporation produces and sells specialty chemical products in the Americas, the Asia-Pacific, and Europe. It operates through two segments, Performance Solutions and Agricultural Solutions. The Performance Solutions segment offers plating products that are used to plate holes; electroless nickel products, which are applied to metal and plastic surfaces; electronic assembly materials for use in the electronic market and residential boiler systems; final finishes that are used on printed circuit boards; circuit formation products for surface preparation; oxides, which are used in the fabrication of multilayer circuit boards; semiconductor materials and packaging products; and pre-treatment and cleaning solutions. It also provides functional conversion coatings that are applied to metals to enhance corrosion resistance and paint adhesion; hard-coated films, which are used for the membrane switch in the touch screen markets; production and drilling fluids used in subsea control systems; solid sheet printing elements for use in flexographic printing and platemaking processes; liquid products to produce printing plates; and printing equipment. The Agricultural Solutions segment offers fungicides and biofungicides to prevent the spread of fungi and other diseases in crops; herbicides to control unwanted plants; insecticides, bioinsecticides, and acaricides; biostimulants and innovative nutrition products; and seed treatment products, which are applied to seed before planting, in addition to animal health products, such as honey bee protective miticides and veterinary vaccines.